Pennsylvania Certified Crop Adviser Study Guide
乐动体育注册The Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) program provides a benchmark for practicing agronomy professionals, and becoming certified adds credibility to your agronomic advising. To become a certified crop adviser in Pennsylvania, you must pass the International CCA exam and the Pennsylvania CCA exam.
乐动体育注册In this course, you will find the information, in the form of extensive readings and illustrative images, that you need to pass the Pennsylvania CCA exam. You will find all of the critical information in the four general areas of agronomy that certified crop advisers are required to know: soil and water; crop management; pest management; and nutrient management. You will learn scientific information and legislative regulations. You will also be able to answer practice questions so that you are prepared to take the Pennsylvania CCA exam.
- Consultants preparing to take the Pennsylvania Certified Crop Adviser exam
- Crop Advisers preparing to take the Pennsylvania Certified Crop Adviser exam
乐动体育注册You will learn how to:
- evaluate soil health, formation, and structure
- understand advantages and disadvantages of various tillage practices
- identify important soil conservation practices
- identify important crops and their management practices
- recognize common weeds, plant diseases, and herbicide use
- identify common insect pests and pesticide use
- implement Integrated pest management programs
- outline lime, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium processes
- understand soil, plant, and manure sample methods and interpret test reports
- calculate manure application
- manage manure practices
Frequently Asked Questions
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.
Sjoerd Willem Duiker, Ph.D., CCA