LIFT (Lifelong Improvements through Fitness Together) is an in-person and group-based strength-training program for inactive to moderately active adults aged 40+. Participation in LIFT may result in improvements in functional fitness or the ability to perform activities of daily living with ease. Participants are encouraged to work together towards a common group goal while achieving their own personal goals.
LIFT sessions are held twice a week for one hour over the course of eight weeks and include an active warm-up, eight core strength-training exercises, and a cool down. The program also encourages increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables consumed in your daily diet.
Who should attend?
Men and women 40 years of age and older who have been active or relatively active for the past few years and are interested in improving their health, vitality and well-being.
乐动体育注册Strength training offers physical, mental, and emotional benefits:
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved bone density
- Reduced risk for osteoporosis and related fractures
- Reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, depression, and obesity
- Improved self-confidence, sleep, and vitality
- Improved balance
What to expect at the classes
- A five-minute warm-up
- Eight to 12 strength-training exercises to promote proper body awareness, positioning, flexibility, and posture
- Easy-to-use nutrition information
- A five-minute cool-down
Some insurances may reimburse participants with 80% or better attendance. Please contact your insurance provider for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Robin Kuleck, RN, MSEd