Food Safety and Sanitation for Food Manufacturers
Food safety has never been a more important topic for those who work in the food manufacturing industry. Nobody wants to get anyone sick from eating contaminated foods. But lapses in safe handling, preparation, and processing practices can occur. With a good understanding of potential food safety hazards, you can limit your chances of being involved in a food safety issue.
This is an introductory course on food safety and sanitary practices for commercial manufacturers of food products.This course teaches you the essentials of food safety, food microbiology, sanitary design principles for facilities and equipment, worker hygiene practices, correct procedures for cleaning and sanitizing, food defense and plant security, and more.
乐动体育注册This course is designed to help you take practical steps to reduce the risk of product contamination and costly recalls.From the science of safe food to smart facility design, and safe water use to HACCP concepts, this course will help you improve the safety of your products and improve your organization's commitment to producing safe food.
This course provides credits towards Penn State's .
Food Industry Professionals
乐动体育注册You will learn how to:
- identify potential biological, chemical, and physical hazards in your food processing plant
- understand the scientific principles behind growth and destruction of pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms and practical strategies for keeping levels to a minimum
- implement personal hygiene practices that minimize food contamination
- outline fundamentals of sanitary equipment and facilities design and the latest methods and technologies for cleaning and sanitizing food contact surfaces
- recognize expectations of regulatory agencies and third-party auditors and how you can prepare for inspections
- know potential security hazards and how you can protect your products from deliberate contamination
- understand Hazards Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) concepts and how a sanitation program fits into a well-designed food safety plan
Frequently Asked Questions
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.
乐动体育注册Multiple Options Available